ECB surveys provide useful information on diverse topics for which no other harmonised statistics exist.
They include the household finance and consumption survey (HFCS), the survey on the access to finance of enterprises (SAFE), the bank lending survey (BLS), the survey of monetary analysts (SMA), the survey of professional forecasters (SPF) and the survey on credit terms and conditions in euro-denominated securities financing and over-the-counter derivatives markets (SESFOD).
These surveys provide important insights into various issues, such as:
- micro-level information on euro area households’ assets and liabilities
- financing conditions faced by small and medium-sized enterprises
- lending policies of euro area banks
- market participants’ expectations of the future course of monetary policy
- expectations about inflation rates and other macroeconomic variables
- trends in the credit terms offered by firms in the securities financing and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives markets, and insights into the main drivers of these trends